In the Chaucer in the Classroom book series, America’s traveling terrier turns his considerable writing talents and interest in history to providing his youngest fans with a series of books just for them. Illustrated by John Clarke and with photographs of Chaucer “on location” at schools around the country, titles in the Chaucer in the Classroom series include:
- Learning Is Cool… It’s the First Day of School!
Chaucer walks kids through the first day of school, introducing them to the new places and people they’ll meet, explaining the structure of the school day, and discussing why school rules about sharing, safety, and keeping the classroom neat are important. ISBN-13: 978-0-9707825-3-3
- Stand Up and Cheer… Make It a Drug-Free Year!
School anti-drug campaigns are brought down to the level of the youngest school kids through Chaucer’s eyes, as the real-life fox terrier learns how kids around the country celebrate the respect your friends, respect yourself message. Back-of-the-book materials include resources and activity suggestions for parents, teachers, and librarians. ISBN-13: 978-0-9707825-5-7
- Hooray! Hooray! It’s President’s Day!
The author takes his young readers back through time to learn about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and why Americans celebrate their lives today. ISBN-13: 978-0-9707825-7-1
- Be Mine, Be Mine, O Valentine!
Chaucer introduces students to St. Valentine and explores with them how the holiday’s theme of love, generosity, and kindness apply to everyday life at school and home. ISBN-13: 978-0-9707825-8-8
- Count the Ways… We’ve Been in School for 100 Days!
From eating 100 peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches to taking 100 walks with the family dog after school, Chaucer helps his friends count their achievements and commemorate this important academic milestone. ISBN-13: 978-0-9707825-9-5
- Surgeon, Sculptor, Sailor on the Sea… What in the World Do I Want to Be?
Chaucer tells his young friends that if a real-life fox terrier can become a writer, they can do anything, and together they explore a variety of interesting and unexpected careers.
Written for beginning to early readers aged four to seven, each 32-page, full-color case-bound book features:
- an easy-to-use index and glossary
- a list for parents and teachers of online resources that have earned Chaucer’s Paw Stamp of Approval for factual correctness and ease of use
- activity suggestions for classroom and home that have earned Chaucer’s Paw Stamp of Approval for fun
- illustrations by award-winning artist John Clarke
- original photographs of – who else?! – Chaucer!
* * * * * Ordering Information * * * * *
Librarians, teachers, parents, and home-school groups interested in this innovative series from Canterbury Tails Books may call the publisher directly at (603) 878-3811. Substantial pre-publication and bulk-order discounts apply. To order individual copies, visit the Canterbury Tails Shoppe online.